Monday, October 30, 2006

God is a great artist, and it is just snowing here, it's wonderful

Time is very fast and tomorrow we will be on the 7th week of the training.

Just this evening it starts to snow here in the base, it's all white around, I am impressed because after the little snow I saw when I was in England, that's may be the third time I saw snow, it's nice.

Since the last time I wrote in english and now, I had few opportunities to get involved in worship leading and to be part of the worhsip team.
At times in the class, but also I helped Pete leading worship with few of my classmates on Thursday with the DTS students, then every Friday in the classroom, I helped in worship leading.
Every Sunday, I helped Pete to lead worhsip at his church, "Glacier Mountain Fellowship". Today the same team went to a city called Rohan, which is 1hour drive from the base, and Adam (one of my classmates) led us in worship songs and I helped him playing guitar and singing.
I had an opportunity to share my testimony, and it was really cool.
I was just amazed this morning when I realized that I was in this church,
you never know where God will lead you one day.

I shared through my testimony that I was christian since I was kid but I didn't have intimacy with God, I didn't understand when the preacher said : "God is good", then I was wondering what is this goodness of God that people are talking about. I was forced to go to church when I was a boy, and my Mum grabed me every Sunday to go to church. If I could choose I prefered not to go, but because I was forced I had to go as I was taught to be obedient.
I was busy with my study and I spent my time studying because I had a big fear of the future, so I thought that getting diplomas will solve the problem and I worked hard to get a master's degree.
After my study, I was looking for a job, I found one, then I worked for a couple of years. After that, I felt stressed, also under pressure, sometimes I even worked on Sundays . I don't go to church when I worked and I felt really really dry at that time.
I came to realize afterward that it was not the kind of life I was dreaming of when I was a kid. Then I was tired and fed up with my job.

God started to work on me and I started to pray :
"God I am tired with this kind of life, I am shattered to try to get rid of the fears but there's no result. I want to stop this and I want to serve you because I trust that you have a better plan for my life and you have something else than this. People say that you are good, but I have never felt that, I want to taste your goodness and I want to experience your kindness because people say that, my Mum said that but I don't feel that. God open the door for me to grow spiritually, because I want to know you."
Then my Mum helped me to discover YWAM, and then I applied for a DTS in my country. I was accepted, and as soon as I started the training, I realized that that's what I wanted. I needed God in my life, but I was trying to avoid Him all these yeaars.
God is good now and I experience it every day of my life.
He is really good and it's not a theorie or a just a statement.

My life has radically changed since then, and it's been a little bit more than 3 years now. Praise the Lord !!!
Diplomas can't solve the problem, or take out the fears, but God can take them out. Jesus gave his life for each one of us on the cross, He has already given the answer and the solution in our life and he says this is the solution for you but we tend to ignore that and we try to find our own solution.

Montana is really beautifull at this period of time and I am just enjoying it.
I am living in my dream because coming here was one of those dreams I had.

On the way to church today, we drove on the side of the lake, and it was just amazing to see the contrast between the lake and the rocky mountains. On top the the mountains there is snow and the sun is shining but the snow doesn't melt, and the trees turn their colors in yellow and orange, just some of them stay green, they call it evergreen if I remember well. The picture is really inspiring if you are writing poetry or if you like picturing your peom, it's really wonderful.
It is a real painting, but not just picture, it's full of life and even the trees are waving their leaves and glorify God, the birds,....
God is a great artist, He is extravagant, sometimes funny and mysterious.

I start to get used to see wild deers here, they just go everywhere and on Sunday morning there were some of them dead on the road bumped by cars.
Yesterday night, we went to a Presbyterian church in Kalispell and we went to a night prayer for youth, the guys in my class led worship for those kids and it was really cool. we had a nice fellowship with them, and had fun in curving pumpkins. It's part of those american tradition for Halloween. I enjoyed it. On the way home, there was a bear crossing the road, and all of us in the car were shouting loud and surprised about it, amazing !!!

There are lots to say but I will try to up-date this web site as time goes on.

Thank you for your prayers, I appreciate those, keep praying !!!

You can put here your comment if you want, feel free to do that..

Be blessed.

Narilanto
God's child.

No comments: